.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Some Before's and After's

The work on the condo is progressing slowly but surely. We have painted and updated all the electrical as well as begun work on the floors. Here are a few before and after photos on the ongoing remodel.


The back porch/balcony was pressure washed, we painted the entire area, I removed all the old soil from the herb box and planted new herbs for our kitchen. The old flooring (industrial outdoor carpet) was removed and we tiled the entire area. It looks great. Now we just have to set up our outdoor bistro set and BBQ.


These are the strairs to the front door, we removed the carpet and pressure washed the area.


I chose a dark tile since the building is a blah and boring mustard yellow. Deme liked my choice and we think it turned out great!


We had to change the drain cover and totally clean the area before we tiled it. We also plan to refresh the area with a new coat of paint but it is not a priority right now.


I wanted to make the entry way attractive and decorated with some tropical plants, the Hawaiian ginger smells fantastic.

All contents copyright 2004-2007.
All rights reserved.

2 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger Gil said...

Looks good! You won't want to move after all the work.

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Oooh I love the before and after photos. I have been following all of your remodelling saga, and I have to say, you guys are really doing a lot! But it will be so beautiful when it is finished.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home