.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Some New Things

Last week the work and upgrading started at the condo. We needed a new furnace and hot water heater. Luckily the central air conditioner was still okay. We have to get it maintained and some refrigerant added but it does not need to be replaced at this time.



We needed an earthquake strap and an expansion tank to bring the hot water heater up to code.


The furnace was from 1983 and about to crack which meant possible carbon monoxide leaking into the house. With two babies in the house that was the first thing I had replaced.


This weekend we have been busy cleaning up the condo and getting it ready to get painted. We removed all outlet covers, blinds, spackled all holes, removed old lighting, old mirrors that were screwed on and glued on to the walls (so we had to patch a lot of drywall), we painted a fence, some metal railing and tomorrow the painting begins!

*Did I mention it took almost 2 weeks for Deme and I to agree on room colors?

All contents copyright 2004-2007.
All rights reserved.

2 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

What colors did you choose? That is my favorite part!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger armando said...

hey, thanks for sharing and i actually had this issue myself about a month ago. my girlfriend and i moved into a condo together and we were told that we needed safety straps
to bring our heater up to code. good luck with all the remodeling! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home