Back From Reno (With Observations)
*Beginning of Rant-Never ever again will I take another Alaska/Horizon flight. I booked three flights with them in the past 2 weeks and all three were at least an hour and a half late.-*End of Rant
Well we are all safely back from an 8-day trip to Reno. It was the first time I have been back to Nevada since Deme and I were married. It was hot, hot, hot with temps. in the high 80's and low 90's. My sister and her BF bought a house with 1.5 acres of land complete with tumbleweeds, jackrabbits, quails and lots of sand. My skin dried out, my nose bled a bit but I did enjoy the sun and dry weather. We foolishly went camping for 1 day, (I cut the trip short) but Veronica did not like sleeping in the tent and I did not like having to use the great outdoors as my toilet at 5.5 months along.
Observations about Reno:
1. There weren't very many young people to be seen around town. I am guessing all the 20 something’s were in bigger towns for school or work.
2. Some of the best "food for money" deals were to be had at casinos and yes we ate either dinner or lunch at a casino every other day. We had great sushi, all you can eat seafood, raw oysters and more.
3. Reno had some great Chinese food.
4. Reno was dry and very brown all over. My sister kept reminding me that she lives in a desert. I kept forgetting.
5. The casinos were full of retired folks on oxygen tanks. It was sad, sad and sadder.
Besides all the gambling that we saw, in the grocery stores, in the airport etc... I would say we had a nice vacation. Anna and Adam made us feel really welcome. Adam put together an extra bathroom and they both installed central air conditioner to make us feel more comfortable. After all that sun, coming back to rainy 68-degree weather was not fun.
Photos to follow very soon!
All contents copyright 2004-2007.
All rights reserved.